|Activate Java Script|
|Enabling Active Content for users using Windows XP Service Pack 2|
For users running Windows XP Service Pack 2 any locally viewed web page that contains active content will be stopped from running.
1. If you this happens you will see at the top of the page in the Information Bar you will see this warning:
To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options...
2. To enable active content, click on this message and then select: Allow Blocked Content..
3. You will also be asked to OK this message:
4. After all this, the active content should run. Note that the active content is only enabled for this Internet Explorer window. If you close this window and come back again you will have to go through the same process again. However, all further active content in this window is enabled (unless you navigate to non-HTML pages such as XML).
|Running active contents without warnings|
To run active content on all CDs without warnings, you must change a security setting in Internet Explorer:
1. Open menu Tools+Internet Options+Advanced tab
2. Scroll down to the Security section.
3. Make sure that "Allow active content from CDs to run on My Computer" is checked.
If you want to run active content in all files on your hard disk or similar, then you need to:
Make sure that "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer" is checked.